Year of Study: Theology I
Home Parish: Church of the Epiphany
1. When did you first think about becoming a priest?
I first started thinking about being a priest when I began altar serving around the fifth grade. From there, the thought of the priesthood had always remained in my mind.
2. Please tell a bit of your background before entering the seminary: did you enter from high school, working, college, etc.?
Before seminary, I was attending the University of San Francisco in my freshman year. I had just graduated from Archbishop Riordan High School prior to going to USF in 2017. After my freshman year in 2018, I decided to enter the seminary.
3. What are some of your hobbies or things you enjoy doing during your free time?
I enjoy playing sports especially basketball, watching sports games on TV, reading, praying, and watching movies.
4. Who is your favorite saint?
Saint John Bosco
5. What has been your favorite spiritual reading book?
The Priests We Need to Save the Church by Kevin Wells
6. What do you most look forward to in your life as, God willing, a future priest?
I look forward to being able to celebrate Holy Mass, hear confessions, offering the sacraments, and leading others to Christ.
7. What would you say to a young man considering the priesthood today?
I would say that if you are considering the priesthood to really find time for personal prayer. Especially prayer before the Blessed Sacrament in adoration and offering prayers asking to know what your vocation is. Above all having time for silence so that you can hear God asking you what he wants you to do. I’d also say to have a devotion to the Blessed Mother, especially praying the rosary frequently with the intention to know from Our Lady to know what your vocation is. Lastly, talking to a priest that you trust and describing what you are feeling in terms of discernment.